Try my “makeover” banana pudding parfait recipe and enjoy your dessert without feeling over-stuffed. My version has half the calories and twice as much dairy. This recipe is proof that you can “lighten up” without giving up on taste! ~ Jean, CNPP Nutritionist
8 ginger snap cookies (crushed)
7 medium ripe bananas (sliced thin)
1 cup nonfat milk
1 1-oz box instant sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding
1 1/4 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping (thawed)
10 8-oz parfait cups or drinking glasses
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix; blend well (about 2 minutes).
2. Add yogurt and vanilla extract; blend until smooth.
3. Stir the thawed whipped topping into the mixture.
4. Line the bottom of the parfait cups with a teaspoon of crumbled ginger snaps.
5. Layer 6 banana slices on top of the cookies; then 2 tbsp of the yogurt mixture on top. Repeat with another layer of the ginger snaps, bananas, and yogurt mixture.
6. Top with cinnamon or crushed cookie for garnish.
7. Cover and chill in refrigerator.